Re: just checking, now pickles

  • Subject: Re: just checking, now pickles
  • From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:46:14 -0700

Pickling cucumbers are small, usually straight, sometimes tender skinned (compared to other cucumbers). You can pickle any cucumber, but they are better before the seeds are very mature. So just pick 'em while they're small. I'm not sure how different varieties hold up. Some other veggies go all mushy if youtry to pickle them, so there may be cucumber varieties that do too. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>