Re: just checking, now pickles

  • Subject: Re: just checking, now pickles
  • From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 04:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't had good luck with regular cucumbers other than making freezer
pickles out of them.B  I also grow the pickling type (smaller and plumper) for
dill pickles but have too many this year so need to try something new.
Donna
Freezer Pickles
6 cups thin sliced pickles
1 cup thin sliced onions
1 cup sliced green pepper ( if you like, I donbt use)
1/3 cup of salt
Soak above in cold water overnight.
In the morning, drain well
Mix in small bowl
2 cups sugar
1 cup of white vinegar
1 teaspoon celery seeds
Mix this well so sugar is dissolved and then pour over drained pickles.
Mix well and pack for freezing.B  I found they don't work well in a ziplock
bag, use a container like those cheap bowls with covers.