Re: just checking

My doctor finally released me but cautioned me about my shoulder...it is
not back to new and will never be.  So, after two years of completely
neglected gardens, I hired the grandson of one of my neighbors.  He is a
wonderful worker...you have to remind him to take a rest and drink water.
He has hauled over a ton of brush and vines away.  My yard and gardens
looks the best it has in years.  I also had a huge pile of mulch on my
driveway that I am having him add to garden beds.  I was getting depressed
about how far I was behind but my worker needed money for college so all
are happy.

My twice bearing raspberries are wonderful...I've frozen over a gallon in
addition to using them on morning cereal.  The cantaloupe is being
harvested daily...I've given lots to neighbors.  Tomatoes are still
bearing.  Figs are too many to pick and use.  I also have volunteer Mother
Hubbard squash.  And, late summer and fall flowers are everywhere.

08/15/09 06:10:00