Re: just checking

We had a couple cool fronts blow through, dropped the temp below 100 for a
day or two, down to 98 and 99.  San Antonio and Austin have 60+ days
straight of over 100 temps.   We haven't even seen 100's here in  a couple years,
much less ever starting in June!  Definitely above normal,  and a long
summer.   Was a killer (literally, lost two of my oldest  dogs to the heat
unfortunately), but thankfully now we finally (YEAH!!!!  after 10 months) were
able to have the new roof installed, and  with a new A/C, we should be
somewhat cooler.  So now we just have to  get the cielings in, rooms painted, new
flooring, and we'll be back to  normal....well sort of.  Then new siding and
porch cover put back  on......but getting the house back together is such a
relief!!!

As for the garden, we've been lucky and had rains here on and
off.....although much less than usual (thankfully for us, without a  roof).....but the
plants don't look bad at all with regular  watering and the occasional rains
and humidity.  We are  so very fortunate not to have water rationing in this
part of Tx.  unlike San Antonio and Austin, that literally are to the stage
of not allowing  restaurants to serve water unless requested, and fines of
$1000's for misuse of  water.  Afraid to do a rain dance though, don't need
anymore storms.

  I finally feel like I can come up for air and breathe this month,  first
time this year.  Nothing like finally feeling like things are going  in a
positive direction.  So happy to hear about your good news too  Gene.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/16/2009 11:05:50 PM Central Daylight Time,