Fire Season

  • Subject: Fire Season
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:59:15 -0700

We know it must be getting on to autumn when the fires start. There are
two burning close enough to us that the water bombers and the helos go
over the house on their way to get water and fuel, but they're not so
close that we are in any danger at all. The smoke was pretty bad a
couple days ago but now is being pushed more to the west. I hope no one
gets hurt or loses their home this year.
Temps are supposed to be in the triple digits again this weekend. I need
to mow the lawns but I'll have to get started early. Probably need to
water the dry garden too. My peppers now have lots of chiles on them big
enough to pick. And we have enough tomatoes to make fresh salsa, I
bought avocados, so now I need to make chiles rellenos.
I have all next week off work, woohoo! Mid-week we are loading up the
trailer and heading out for the central CA coast, there is a camp where
we can ride the horses on the beach. Should be interesting. I had images
of us blissfully galloping through the surf, but the reality will
probably more like us persuading two terrified horses that the scary
loud wet stuff is not actually going to kill them. :-)