Re: summer?

  • Subject: Re: summer?
  • From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:52:49 -0700

Wow, Spokane is on the other side of the state. How are you getting to the Seattle area? If you are driving anywhere near Wenatchee, stop by the Omee gardens. I saw an article this summer that they are refurbishing and restoring this garden. When I saw it in the 70's it easily rivaled Butchart Gardens. It's located on a bluff overlooking Wenatchee and was pretty spectacular. If you want to drive over a mountain pass White Pass and Chinook Pass are both pretty. Narrow curvy mountain highways, grand scenery & white knuckle dropoffs. Snowqualamie is a freeway, but needs common sense. Even though it's a nice wide road, you need to watch those curves, especially on the downhill side. If Vantage is on your route, the petrified forest is interesting if you are into rocks. There's a nice park next to the Columbia River. Just buy your picnic stuff before you get there, everything costs way more than it's worth. Are you spending any time in Spokane? I'm only 2 hours south & would love to meet you for lunch if you have time & it's a day I don't work.
Judy B z6 Idaho
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Dickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>