RE: Western Gardener ?s
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Western Gardener ?s
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 09:36:37 -0700

I will usually plant new stuff sometime in November. Some of the
established bulbs - paperwhites, Erlicheer, and the short-cup types -
will come up in November and then just sit there at about 3 to 4 inches
tall. The galanthus always comes up in November and grows about 6
inches. The cold doesn't seem to bother them much.

Cyndi