Re: Summer hibernation?
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Summer hibernation?
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:22:43 -0700

Onion tart... ooh. Can I come to dinner?

On Aug 18, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/ SCOSI wrote:

No but I have a dehydrator so it's an option. I've made lots of dried
tomatoes this year...I decided this year I would make more luxury items out of my produce instead of stuff I could buy cheap, like tomato sauce. I put up roasted marinated peppers too instead of chopping and freezing
the peppers, although considering what they cost in the winter you'd
think those fresh bell peppers were made of something precious.
Onions are usually cheap but I might carmelize a big pot of them and
freeze, or make onion relish or maybe even make and freeze onion soup.
Tomorrow night I'm going to make an onion tart for dinner. I bet I can
find something interesting to do with dried onions.

Cyndi