RE: Summer hibernation?
  • Subject: RE: Summer hibernation?
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:16:57 -0700

Thanks for the tips. I do both the marinating and grilling too!
My preserving bible says onions aren't really worth freezing but I've
also got some first-hand comments that says they're okay. Guess I will
try just a few and see.
I wouldn't bother except there are a lot. I've filled the extra fridge
with them already and there's probably another 20 pounds still in the
garden. They just do not keep very long for me, I guess it's too hot
even in the house as they won't last more than a couple weeks without
sprouting or rotting. I figured I would use up the split ones first
either cooking or preserving and the good ones will last in the fridge
for a long time.