RE: Hibernation still in effect
  • Subject: RE: Hibernation still in effect
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 07:47:47 -0700

Bummer about the job! Maybe you'll see something even better open up
I know what you mean about SSAD. When it gets really hot I don't want to
do much either. I do go out but a lot of times I just wander around
looking at everything that needs to be done, and then I go sit in the
hammock under the tree. If I get out early when it's cool quite a lot
gets accomplished, but any later than 9:00 and forget it.
This week has been seriously hot...106, 107, 108 for a week straight. I
have been picking the zucchini and a few tomatoes but otherwise nothing
in the garden. The gardeners are keeping the front lawn mowed and are
slowly digging their way through all the grass grown up in the front
beds, yay!
Couple weeks ago husband wanted to try a second crop of corn, but I was
out of seed. So he dug through all the corn stalks till he found a dried
ear I'd missed, and planted those. It's just for fun so we'll see what
we get. It is amazing how fast they grow in the heat though, easily
twice as fast as in the spring.
I'll be in San Jose all next week, so I'll spend at least part of
Saturday dealing with whatever's ripe in the garden. It is supposed to
cool off by then.