Re: What's eating my tomatoes?
  • Subject: Re: What's eating my tomatoes?
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:21:13 -0400 (EDT)

I'm pretty sure that's what is doing the damage.
I don't think I could build an effective cage that would not be more trouble
than it was worth.  These little critters can climb anything.  They go right
up the clapboard wall of the house and the screen of the porch.  Also
they are so small they can get through almost any opening.  That's why
I am pretty sure they are the culprits.  Rabbits and groundhogs just
can't get into the garden any more, but these are small enough to get
through the very small opening at the gate.  Also they have at least
two holes in the garden.
In a message dated 8/15/2011 4:15:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,