Re: What's eating my tomatoes?
  • Subject: Re: What's eating my tomatoes?
  • From: "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:15:02 -0400

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
I'm sure that's about the only thing would work, but I'm afraid it isn't
the answer for me.  As for being the beer type - I prefer gin and tonic
in the summer - never have liked martinis and by the time I was 25
or so got up my nerve to say so. We're not the shooting sort, but anyway it would be a felony in this area. The only thing we could shoot them with legally would be a bow and arrow, and they're too small for that. I have never seen more chipmunks than this year. When I open the
kitchen door into the breezeway five or six will run. When I spray for
deer, I have sprayed directly on several. They just bark at me. I won't poison them, but just don't know what else to do.
Mmmm...maybe buy a few ferrets at the local pet store and release them
around and see if *they* could reduce the plague ?
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7