Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net

Cathy, I hired two young ladies who have a garden care business to apply
mulch. It worked out quite well after I accepted the fact I could not do
it myself. I had a Arthrodesis (triple fusion) in Jan which makes it
difficult to walk especially on non hard surface. Recovery is 12-18
months so I am still not able to move about easily. I did not schedule
any large tours this summer.

I also hired a window washer to wash the exterior side of our windows
last fall and again this spring. I really appreciated that and will have
him back this fall.

Zemuly, you could certainly be an asset in the Home Depot where I usually shop.
Carolyn Magnani

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 4, 2014, at 8:55 PM, Catharine Carpenter <1f73664e1@rewrite.hort.net> wrote:
>
> I cannot believe that Gary and I had no trouble maintaining 2 1/2
acres in the beginning! Now I dream of small gardens with unique,
jewel-like plants and dwarf trees and shrubs. But Gary is not ready to
sell either, and I have major difficulties with hiring help for my beds.
(Cannot trust that they would know weeds from garden plants.) I wouldn't
mind someone to cut grass and maintain the Koi pond, but Gary is not
ready to give those tasks up.