Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Re: Happy Birthday
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <1002@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 10:13:14 -0500 (CDT)

> Judy, I agree with you regarding the feeling of a chore. My love of
> gardening is just not the same.

I've felt the same way, lately.  For me I think it's different reasons,
though.

Life has been so hectic and everything else is a priority instead.  It's
depressing to see the garden in this state, but I can't really do anything
about it.  I also can't afford to buy new plants now either, so if I
do anything it will just be to maintain the current plantings.

There's also the community aspect.  When I worked in the garden I
looked forward to talking to everyone online about what I was
growing, etc.  Now that sense of community is diminished, so it's
a more lonely endeavor.

I would *love* to be able to spend time gardening again.

Chris

P.S.  It's good to see these emails flowing again!  :D
P.P.S.  Happy belated birthday, Auralie!