Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net

In my case the drought here and cost of water is changing what I am doing.
Have been putting in drip system with in-line emitters and trying to figure
out how long to leave them running.  Have switched out the regular
sprinkler for water saving Hunter MSP nozzles, and have learned the hard
way that drippers do NOT make tomatoes happy here.  They need a greater
spread of water in the subsoil it seems (at least here in the land of 100
degrees way too often and with the veggie garden in full sun on the south
side of the house).  Live and learn, next year will be better.  I have
taken out some plants that are a pain to prune (e.g. pyracantha) or just
high maintenance or high water hogs.  Have planted more drought tolerant
grasses, and natives.  Hoping by next year to use less water once they are
established.
Hi all-  so good to hear from you.

P.S.  Going to have to order the high-octane vinegar online- no place local
has it.  Will keep you posted on my success or otherwise.