Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net

I planted a mix of evergreen and deciduous where I wanted trees. There were
13 walnuts in the back yard in 1976. We've removed all but 3. The clump
birches I planted died but the seedlings have grown up nearby. The tallrr
trees are underplanted with dogwoods nest spruce cottoneaster phlox
candytuft hosta and aquilegia. Everything is close and grown together. In
the sunny beds iris daylilies roses etc all fight for sun. I keep them out
of a few areas so my creeping thyme can grow. On the front walk the mauve
thyme has crept onto the concrete walk since the poppies and daylilies
overshadow their roots. Not much bare space.