Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net

Thanks, Chris, for the handsome photograph.

Your Joe-Pye is even grander than mine, but they are both handsome plants.

Many of my favorite plants are so-called weeds.  I always have some milkweed
at the back of the bed - it is a handsome plant and smells so lovely when it's in
bloom - to say nothing of the Monarchs.

Another favorite is Perilla frutescens - the deep purple one.  It makes handsome
masses in difficult spots, and the deer don't touch it.

Still another is the perennial yellow foxglove = Digitalis ambigua.- handsome and
deer-proof, but my neighbors call it a weed.  Oh well, their loss.

Auralie