Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net

yes to pictures. will we be able to post pictures too? I seem to remember that wasn't OK before ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <1002@rewrite.hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: Happy Birthday

----- Original Message -----
From: "BONNIE_HOLMES" <add8d9851@rewrite.hort.net>

Lovely. I have Joe Pye Weed also but it is not blooming yet. I also
have two varieties of Iron Weed and Butterfly Weed as well as
goldenrod. I like a lot of natives even though they might get a
little invasive, like the golden rod, or have small blooms, such as
the wild petunia.

Thanks Bonnie (and everyone else who commented)!

Man, I miss this.  *SO* much.  Even talking about our gardens this little
bit makes me want to get back out there and plant again.

I strolled through the yard and looked at things differently tonight.
Where I used to see so much work I saw little flowers peeking out and
plans creeping into my head.  Maybe I'll get some gardening done this
week.  :)

The big things in bloom right now here are:

  Joe pye-weed
  Wild senna
  Thimbleberry
  Various hosta
  Swamp milkweed
  Day lilies
  Summersweet
  False hydrangea (Deinanthe bifida and D. caerulea)
  Clematis viticella 'Betty Corning'
  Pink Lemonade honeysuckle
  Wild petunia
  and lots of annuals

How about the rest of you?  What's doing well?  Is everyone OK with
sending pictures to the list if people want to?

Chris