Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 8:31 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Re: Happy Birthday/ I can relate

Daryl,
Not sure on shrubs as yet... just now getting around to making the
decision to go more toward shrubs than perennials for my garden. Getting
too old to keep up with perennial maintenance. Will need to be shrubs
with good bloom production, fall foliage color would be a nice bonus,
and stay on the well-behaved, smaller side in size. Viburnums we have a
plenty of on the property here, they do very well for us. Too well in
some cases. We have them more for birds than our eyes. If someone has
suggestions on small hardy shrubs I would be interested.

Spider Lily, Hymenocallis, grows native up into Illinois. Perhaps in
your area with your heat some extra moisture would have helped.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,LLC
www.munchkinnursery.com
Gardener - Writer - Photographer -  Lecturer

New eBook: Shade Garden Solutions