From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Daryl
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:09 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] GWA/PPA was New plant

I was looking forward to GWA in Pittsburgh but after having to travel
several times in the last year during the illness and passing of my father,
I realized that I'm just not up to it anymore. Maybe when I get some joints
replaced. The last few I went to were very tiring, even just walking through
the hotel/convention center, not to mention all of the wonderful garden
If I'd known that I would once again be hosting a radio show, I might have
gone again just for the contacts, even if I had to spend time on the bus
instead of in the gardens, but I didn't find out it before the early
registration closed and then we had the memorial service for my father the
weekend before last. Just too much.
Next year's GWA will be in Pasadena, and after that, Atlanta.

When you attend PPA/GWA do you get a roommate? That really cuts down on cost
and sometimes you meet some really nice people. I've only had one that I
would never room with again - and that was mostly because she was a night
owl and I'm a light sleeper. If I went on one of the photo tours I felt
guilty for waking her and while she tried to be careful when she came in
after midnight, a party at one of the grower's/publishers rooms was not
exactly conducive to that.

Tell us about PPA, please.