Re: Re: Happy Birthday
gardenchat@hort.net

Cathy-I have some goldenrod that I also have been yanking out as it shows up. ÂBut I have (fingers crossed) won the battle to get the crocosmia out. ÂIt is lovely but way too aggressive here.
Theresa

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM, <1f73664e1@rewrite.hort.net> wrote:
Sounds lovely. I am struggling to remove goldenrod and miscellaneous
"other plants" from my front yard beds at present. Does not help that 2
1/2 inches of rain fell last night after I started!

Cathy, z5b, west central IL

----- Original Message -----

From: "Judy Browning" <59a63b9e1@rewrite.hort.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:50:00 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: Happy Birthday

I planted a mix of evergreen and deciduous where I wanted trees. There were
13 walnuts in the back yard in 1976. We've removed all but 3. The clump
birches I planted died but the seedlings have grown up nearby. The tallrr
trees are underplanted with dogwoods nest spruce cottoneaster phlox
candytuft hosta and aquilegia. Everything is close and grown together. In
the sunny beds iris daylilies roses etc all fight for sun. I keep them out
of a few areas so my creeping thyme can grow. On the front walk the mauve
thyme has crept onto the concrete walk since the poppies and daylilies
overshadow their roots. Not much bare space.