RE: hum......

> Although my attempts at getting a so to speak
> bark / stem close up
> didn't come out very good... any photographers
> want to share the secret?

Donna,
Give us more info.  What kind of camera are you using?  If digital, you may be
hampered by the depth of field it allows.  On a 35mm SLR with a good lens and
decent light, it is possible to get greater depth of field.  Lower lighting
may require a greater aperature, decreasing depth.  The quality of the optics
in the lens itself play a big part in this.  I dabble, but Chris L. would, I'm
sure, be able to give you a much more accurate answer.

Kitty