Re: Amaryllis??

> From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com>
>  Have wanted an amaryllis for a long time but am heartily opposed
to the idea of disposable plants and had always heard these were
unlikely to bloom again.  If this is untrue then I have been really
missing out on something...and I'll have to rectify that a.s.a.p.

Totally untrue, Melody.  Amaryllis can be carried over inside in a
coolish spot from year to year and bloom just fine - been doing it
for a long time.

Thought we had a thread about this a while back...maybe I'm losing
what's left of my mind?  Kitty...do you recall this?  Also think
there is now another school of thought about having them go
dormant...does this ring anybody's bell?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :