Re: Peony question

> From: Theresa- yahoo <tchessie@yahoo.com>
>  Does anyone know- Can I plant a peony in the ground now?
>  Theresa
> SAC,CA zone 8-9

Sure - where you are, it shouldn't be a problem if you get enough
cold weather to vernalize them in the first place.

Where I am, October is always considered prime peony planting time
and it probably isn't much colder now where you are than it is here
then...if that makes any sense:-)

Theoretically, you can plant most anything any time the ground is not
frozen.  Actuality varies with where in the world you are gardening
and the specific plant you have in mind and what shape its in.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :