Re: Deer/hunting

The PA Game Commission has instituted a new rule requiring that any buck
harvested must have at least 3 tines on one antler. Previously, any buck
with even a single spike was legal. This is supposed to allow younger bucks
to mature, the theory being that it will improve the health of the herd.
They have also issued more doe permits, aimed at reducing the number of
fawns produced each spring. It may take a few years to determine if this is

Yews here all look like a child's drawing, with a bare straight trunk up to
the browse line, and a ball of green above. I forgot to mention the
Euphorbia polychroma starts that also succumbed. Every deer might have
decided that it didn't care for them, but each of them had to try it.