Re: [GRD] Re: OT Christmas tree

LOL, Melody, I love it.  I don't consider that harsh at all....I bet it
ignited a firmer belief in Santa as well....and the concept that there CAN
actually be consequences to being bad.

I had a similar situation occur in my childhood.  I was at the age where I
didn't quite believe in Santa or the like anymore, and was beginning my
rebellious state.  As I mentioned Christkindl would come while we were eating
Xmas eve dinner.  We were in the dining room, the huge velvet drapes were
pulled to the living room....so nobody could see in.  My parents had put some
of the presents in a huge burlap bag.  Well, my nosey poodle decided
unbeknown to us, to investigate the presents early.  She apparently knocked
over the bag, hitting the glass door of the balcony quite hard, sending her
in a tail spin out of the living room towards us, shaking....and startling us
quite a bit.  Of course my parents used that opportunity to say that she was
frightened by Christkindl, and that he had been so startled he left his bag.
on the floor with the presents spilling out.   Boy did I believe for quite
some time after that......and the threat that I was being watched helped keep
my rebellious streak in line as well.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast