Re: tradition/bread

How about some recipes? A friend does a quick and easy and very delicious pasta treatment. Dices bacon into pretty small bits, and sautes in olive oil (bacon grease alone won't do it), adding sliced mushrooms, and when bacon is almost crisp and mushrooms almost done, she adds some shelled pinyon nuts. Diners spoon their own over cooked spaghetti. She also sometimes sautes rosemary with mushrooms, and I'll bet that would be a good addition to that dish, too. Margaret L

Amen on the bread. I took some good French bread and some herb butter I made w/ fresh stuff from the garden to our women's Christmas party last night. Everyone loved it. Now all of a sudden all these people want to put herb gardens in next Spring. I told them any of you who are serious, see me in March and we'll get you all fixed up. This OUGHT to be interesting, considering most of these gals wouldn't know the difference between a canna or a can of peas. Who knows? There may be a real herb shortage in North Texas by the time we get done. Wouldn't that be a kick??