From: Melody
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: 12/13/2002 4:42 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] deluge

 DF:  Hey--send my goldfinches back!  Seriously, though...I was saddened
recently to hear that the beautiful state bird of Iowa--the
goldfinch--is in danger of moving on permanently from our fair state.
Meteorology experts predict that within the next two decades, the
climate in Iowa will have become too warm for them due to the greenhouse
effect and  global warming and they will move to more northern habitats.
I love these birds (as much as I can love anything that flaps wings,
anyway! LOL)...there is nothing quite like the site of those yellow
bundles of energy filling my garden with their color, zipping back and
forth between my plants and feeders...its a great contrast the many
species of sparrows that inhabit the region.  And boy, does it sound
like you are in for it with the rain!!!  Don't envy you a bit there,
DF--I only hope that all that moisture doesn't decide to move this way
and dump a foot of snow in the midwest! Yikes!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Thu 12/12, David Franzman  wrote:From: David
Franzman [mailto: dfranzma@pacbell.net]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Thu,
12 Dec 2002 18:37:58 -0800Subject: [CHAT] delugeOk, I know you're all
waiting by the seat of your pants for our latestweather report.  Here it
is:  We're expecting between 7-11" by this timenext Wed.  That's a whole
lot of moisture.Best part of the winter is the return of my gold finch.
Love thoselittle guys.  They do eat me out of house and home though.
Kinda neathow the hummers disappear and the finch come
----To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
themessage text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT