Re: Re:Peony/weather

I've walked behind milk cows, driving them to the milking barn, and watching the action in their bony butts makes one question the engineering design. It works, but I didn't know why. It's not an aesthetic pleasure, for sure. Linda, you failed to mention the odorific "pleasures" of branding, castrating and dehorning. Margaret L

I've never done a cattle drive on a dude ranch, just working ranches.  It's
about the most fun you can have in life, though I've done a couple when it's
really cold or really windy that weren't too nice.  I don't know exactly why
pushing cows is so much more fun than just riding a horse, but it is.  Maybe
part of it is visiting simpler times.  There is some snow predicted here for
next week, so we'll see what happens.