Re: tradition/good Italian food

this is venice [name ring a bell?].

You mean the beach?

 i sure miss the italian restaurants of washington, baltimore, and sacramento.

Sacramento???  Jim, when you lived out here did you ever get out to the Bodega Bay
area?  This used to be all Italians and Portugese.  There were and still are to a
lesser extent good ol' fashioned Italian restaurants.  I was prividged to be a chef
at one.  Great stuff.  Of course, now for some reason what used to be a family
atmosphere (Italian restaurants) have turned into white table cloth affairs.  It's
almost impossible to find a good family style type.

Margaret, try hot linguica, onions, mushrooms and green onions, roma tomatoes with
fresh garlic over the pasta of your choice.  That'll put a smile on your face.

DF