Re: Re: [GRD] Re: OT Christmas tree

 Cathy:  Would you like me to run over there this weekend and see if  I can find one to send you?  It would be no  hardship, I promise, as it is one of my all time favorite places to visit!  The little one  I bought was only a couple of dollars (less than $5)...Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Fri 12/13, cathy carpenter < cathyc@rnet.com > wrote:From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:25:25 -0600Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: [GRD] Re: OT Christmas treeI have been looking all over for a pickle ornament! Hope I can find it short of  Amana Colonies!CathyOn Friday, December 13, 2002, at 03:28 AM, Melody wrote:>  Noreen:  I think the Christmas pickle is a German custom--the Amana > Colonies here in Iowa are a sect of German immigrants from the 1800's > and it is a custom widely practiced (or at least marketed now that the > Amana's are largely a tourist industry) there.  We have a little tiny > glass one (about 1" long) that we hide for the kids on our tree...they > love the hunt!  And the extra goody they get for being the first one to > find it!>>> Melody, IA (Z 5/4)---------------------------------------------------------------------To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com