Re: tradition

Enough already, you guys are making me homesick for my childhood.  My
godmother was Sicilian and her food was so fantastic that her
sisters-in-law, such as my mother, promptly learned how to make her dishes
and then experimented marrying her ingredients and methods with those of
their own ethnic heritage (Portugal). We also had a large Northern Italian
community in town which meant fantastic delies as well as women who made
tortellinis at home for sale to selected clients.  My aunt always gave me a
juice glass of wine watered down with meals.

 Years later when I married, my restaurateur husband was always after my
mother to "come play" in our home kitchen.  She pretended it was a chore,
but she loved the flattery.  Even after I divorced, they would experiment
with food.  They really had a special bond.

If I could choose how I would die, it would be eating my way through Italy.
Yum.  I'd already be in heaven.
Janet