Re: tradition

you get the best part, dan. horseradish is one of nature's best inventions.

At 03:48 PM 12/13/02 -0500, you wrote:
The tradition that I remember and miss the most was our Christmas eve family
dinner. About 15 members of  the family gathered at our house for this meal
and to exchange presents. My mom did most of the cooking. Baked whiting with
carrots, rice sprinkled with cinnamon, barley with poppyseed, pickled
herring, perogies, home made bread and horseradish made by my grandfather. I
was told that the first three items originated with my great grandmother in
Poland. Everyone ate them and seemed to like them, at least they never told
mom otherwise. That wouldn't have been very wise. Christmas day dinner was a
feast for a king. Ham, turkey, Polish sausage, etc. and always apple pie for
dessert. Poor mom did most of the cooking that day too.

Now I get to do the horseradish.

Dan