Re: Re:Peony/weather, now animals

yep, sheep disease. one that is fearful enough for usda to give you the vaccine.

At 05:31 PM 12/13/02 -0500, you wrote:
Alright, I know someone else is bound to ask, but what the hey! Okay, what in the name of heck are blue tongue shots? I assume that must be a sheep disease??Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Fri 12/13, jim singer < jsinger@igc.org > wrote:From: jim singer [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:37:31 -0500Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re:Peony/weather, now animalsnever had to walk behind milk cows because i never had any, but know mean about engineering design. bones and joints seem to go every which way. but all that other stuff--castrating, dehorning, vaccinating--glad i don't have to do that any more. and since my operation was mostly sheep, you can add tail docking, midwifing, foot trimming, and mud wrestling [they got their blue tongue shots in march].At 11:39 AM 12/13/02 -0700, you wrote:>I've walked behind milk cows, driving them to the milking barn, and >watching the action in their bony butts makes one question the engineering >design. It works, but I didn't know why. It's not an aesthetic pleasure, >for sure. Linda, you failed to mention the odorific "pleasures" of >brandi!
ng, castrating and dehorning. Margaret L>>>I've never done a cattle drive on a dude ranch, just working ranches. It's>>about the most fun you can have in life, though I've done a couple when it's>>really cold or really windy that weren't too nice. I don't know exactly why>>pushing cows is so much more fun than just riding a horse, but it is. Maybe>>part of it is visiting simpler times. There is some snow predicted here for>>next week, so we'll see what happens.>>>>Linda>>--------------------------------------------------------------------->To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the>message text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHATjsinger@igc.org---------------------------------------------------------------------To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT