Re: Peg's garden - vermiculture (long)

Daryl, I'm not Peg, but I dont' think it was the coffee grounds.  My red
worms did this when they had too much moisture.  A drain pan helps with this,
although not always.
In our extensive testing (MG) we found that the best type of device for
vermiculture was the "Can of worms" sold in garden catalogues and vermic.
sites.  It is pricey...thus the reason I dont' have one....but it was the
easiest to use, least problems, has a spigot on the bottom to drain the
liquids for use as compost tea, easiest to separate compost from new
material, etc.
NO, I don't work for them, just relaying our test results.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
P>S> pardon the cross post (is that what it's called?) but this having three
lists is so confusing.