Re: Peony question

OUCH Marge, not another list to add, I'll never get off the pc.  LOL  (just

No, actually Marge, I never got into the Peony trials.  Since the testing
didn't work well in zone 8b I definitely knew it would not work for me, since
the rest of Houston is considered zone 9 already and I live in a warmer
climate than most of Houston.   I do recall that most of the trials were done
with the tree peonies, since they were said to be more tolerant of heat, and
new "warm climate" varieties.   I truly have no idea any specifics of what
was tested.

I really have no clue either what type of climate conditions peonies need
except that they need a fairly cold period. As far as humidity, most of Texas
is dry (low humidity and low rainfall), except the  far east.   My county
(Fort Bend) has never gotten any Peonies to test, we seem to get more of the
tropical type plants and fruit, etc. to test.  Could well be that Harris
County and other northern counties of Houston did.  Usually though, if
something does well, we eventually get them also.

I appreciate the information and will keep an eye out as well as ask around
about these peony types you mentioned.  Will let you know.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast