Re: OT: degree sign

In a message dated 12/13/2002 9:43:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> .  As far as I know, there is no way to
> add special symbols to ascii text:-)

Marge, I can add all sorts of symbols to ascii text like i, a, 6, `,  but
unfortunately some of the key strokes in e-mail trigger some other response
and bring up another screen instead of the character. ( I don't know for sure
that those will go as I wrote them - sometimes things don't come out looking
like you think they will.) Also, there doesn't seem to be an ascii symbol for
the degree mark.  For that you have to make another adjustment, or if you are
using WORD, you can use the exponent function on the tool bar.  I tried to
copy over a number using the degree sign from WORD, but here the little "o"
sits on the ground.
It's just easier to write "degrees" than go through all the acrobatics.
Auralie