Re: peppers

Speaking of peppers, does anyone have a clue as to why in my area (Z5b, Mississippi river valley) my hot peppers (jalepeno and habanero) are incredibly prolific and my sweet peppers (green bell, the variety escapes me) are late fruiting and when they do produce, give about 1/8th the yield of the hot ones??? Both plants are set out at the same time.