Re: Re: Haggis

About 35 years ago I lived in Minneapolis and had many
friends of Norwegian descent. If you think Haggis
sounds bad, try Lutefisk...which literally means lye
fish. It's Cod fish soaked in a lye solution before
cooking. This is a popular treat (?) for many
Scandinavians. Personally, it stinks, and if not
cooked right can turn into a slimy mess... Phew!! The
only good thing about the Lutefish I've tried was the
creamy, rich sauce used to pour over it!. Guess it all
depends on what you're used to ;-)

zone 6 Southern MO

--- Kitty Morrissy <kmrsy@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Sounds similar to something I had once in Toronto.
> Went to an authentic
> Greek restaurant.  Asked the waiter to suggest
> something, because the menu
> was written in Greek.  He suggested his favorite.  I
> said, "What is it?"
> He said, "Is meat".  "What kind of meat?", I asked.
> "Is lamb, how you say?
> Delicacy.  Very Good.", he says.  He'd just gotten
> off the boat and didn't
> have much of a grasp of the language yet.  So I
> ended up with tripe,
> entrails, brains, what-have-you, stuffed into a
> casing wrapped in cabbage
> leaves or something.  Still not knowing, though, I
> tried it and just about
> upchucked right there.  I made my brother-in-law
> trade plates with me
> because the b...d knew what I was getting (he speaks
> Greek) and just sat
> there being of no help at all.
> Kitty

Do you Yahoo!?