Re: Re: Haggis and other gross food

i'm usually up to try anything once--as long as i have some sort of assurance that it hasn't killed too many diners recently. i had lamb fries in a reasonably good restaurant in lexington, kentucky, once. my though was "not bad, not good, no substitute for a lamb chop." the worst things i've every gotten myself into were calves' brains [in a good french restaurant, yet] and some kind of crab dish in a korean restaurant. i nearly lost it both times.

i've become a real fan of tripe soup, incidentally. the menudo of most mexican restaurants is excellent. and, they swear, a cure for a hangover. what i find interesting about that association, is that the turks also make a rather good tripe soup that they claim is a cure for a hangover.