Re: Re: Haggis and other gross food

Well, MY cure for a hangover is much more pleasant than that, and it works. It's regular Pepsi or Coca Cola. Not diet strength, full caffeine. You may have to drink more than one, depending on how hungover you are.

I encountered one thing in a Thai restaurant that was eeeuuuuwwwww yukky. I boxed it up and gave it to DH, who liked it. The menu said it was a chicken salad called "Larb" . Subsequently I learned it was made with offal and other yukkos. When the waiter delivering it was still ten feet from our table, a friend wrinkled her nose and said, "I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole."

And the Vietnamese eat baby chickens in eggs. They may even be live. I don't think they'd put it on the menu in this country, although a friend said she thought they were sold in the Asian grocery store here. Margaret L

i've become a real fan of tripe soup, incidentally. the menudo of most mexican restaurants is excellent. and, they swear, a cure for a hangover. what i find interesting about that association, is that the turks also make a rather good tripe soup that they claim is a cure for a hangover.