Re: kelp

Thanks, Kitty. I just had never heard of that before. If you happen to run across a source, I'd be interested. Margaret L

The additional info I sent was sent before you mentioned the phosphorous;
it wasn't avoidance of the issue. I don't have a published source regarding
the statement I made about GA at this time - as I said, that would require
more research and when I have time I will see what I can do.  Being Sunday,
I cannot go directly to my source for that information.

Here's is the background for what I said.  About 13 years ago I started
buying natural products from Nitron in Arkansas.  The Soft Rock Phosphate I
purchased had a GA of 0-16-0.  When I ran out and reodrded, the new bag of
the same product had a GA of 0-2-0.  I called and spoke with Frank Finger
and he explained that he had been forced to change the GA on all his
products to reflect only what is immediately available.  I don't recall
which department of the government came down on him for this, but he was
very grumbly about it.

Fast forward to today's discussion of kelp.  If Nitron advertises Kelp Meal
as having a GA of 1-0-8, and that it has all nutrients necessary for plant
growth, it is my assumption that phosphorous falls into that category of
not immediately available.  Their products are too good to have to lie
about such things.  I've used their products for years and have confidence
in them.