Re: haggis

completely understand, david.

that's why they say PETA picks on rich dames in mink coats--safer than picking on motorcycle riders.

At 10:44 AM 12/15/02 -0800, you wrote:
Wow, this thread certainly did get play. Yes, in a strict sense this is what
haggis is. However, when preparing it in a hotel/restaurant generally you don't
have access to sheeps stomachs PETA would be all over us. I believe that we used a
lot of organ meat from different animals including sheep mashed together resembling
something like a grayish hash.

We used to have in Santa Rosa something called Scottish Games. Basically grown men
dressed in skirts throwing telephone poles and large rocks as far as they could.
Afterward, building up a large appetite they would sit down and consume vast
quantities of haggis and wine/beer. I don't mean this to sound degrading to the
participants because the last thing I want to do is upset somebody who is big
enough to throw a telephone pole and has quaffed down a lot of wine/beer!

DF