Re: Re: Haggis

I live int he West, Kitty. People do things differently here. A "wrap" here is an oversized flour tortilla with all kinds of junk in it. It's like eating a diaper. As for the fact that we're going to quibble over whether gyros are "modern" or fast food or traditional, just forget it. I'm tired of this thread. My Greek friend told me it was "modern," her restaurant-owning father told me the same (he did NOT serve gyros), and my cookbooks never mention them. I'll take their word for it. You can continue to believe I'm wrong. Margaret L

Again, I suppose it depends on how one defines 'modern'.  No cookbook can
cover everything.  However, if a Greek cookbook stipulated theat gyros are
NOT traditional, that would be something to look at.

Wrapping food is not new.  My mother always wrapped her meat in lettuce
leaves.  People did this way back before they invented utensils.  The
modern fast food places that are advertising wrapped foods are just
putting a new spin on an old way of eating.