Re: was Haggis/now history of food/Scotland

Well, David says its the gulf stream and I'll take his word for it.  The
heather was beautiful in the gardens, but they grew all kinds of things, and
I was amazed because, like you, I thought of Scotland as being a land of
fierce weather.  I've been on email lists with people from Norway and
Sweden, and have been surprised about how mild it is there too.  That may
not be the whole country, but in the areas where I had contacts it was mild.

David, we have not gotten any weather yet.  The weather map tonight showed
the storm still west of the Rockies, and sometimes the storms seem to peter
out trying to get past the peaks.

Linda in Wyoming