This list has no relationship at all with the AHS list.  This list was created
by hort.net as a community  garden chat list.  To my way of thinking that
means the messages are predominantly garden related, but more chatty than the
other hort.net lists that are devoted to specific sections of gardening.
Therefore I think using OT for subjects like haggis or pets is a good idea.
As Chris said, it is for us to decide its content, but what I just said is the
direction I hope we are going.