Re: Amaryllis?? to Haemanthus albiflos

Go Girl!  Plant those beans:-)

You're right, some countries have no mechanism for the kind of
paperwork the US wants from seed shippers, but, since much of our
produce seems to come from these countries, I'll wager there's some
kind of permit required- just prob. not phytosanitary as for seeds.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Margaret Lauterbach <melauter@earthlink.net>
> You're right, Marge, but some countries have no governmental
apparatus to
> issue phytosanitary certificates.  Since Mexico doesn't have, I
presume
> Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, etc. don't either.  DH formerly
taught
> (theatre arts) at an ag-dominated university, and there were many
Ph.D.
> candidates there from Brazil.  They may be sufficiently
sophisticated to
> have phytosan capabilities.  I'm still tempted to plant beans out
of a
> supermarket bag that came from South America and say neener neener.
 Margaret L