Re: Red Shield Hibiscus

YEAH!!!!!   I'm so happy for you Ceres.  SO your Red shield is the same as
the one I have, the winter bloomer.  Mine is in full bloom now, or pretty
close.  There is no fragrance to the blooms, but it does look great when they
are all open.  I doubt that the temperature differences will affect it at
all.  Drastic temp changes from the 40's to the 80's don't seem to bother
mine in the least.  We have been in the high 70's and low 80's for the past
week or more, but before that had a cold spell that dropped us to the high
30's at night, high 50's/low 60's in day.  No bud drop, no leaf droop or drop
as in other hibiscus,  in fact it seems to liven the plant up even more.

Thanks for sharing the info!!!

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast