Re: gouge

a gouge is a curved chisel. the particular gouge is was after is a spoon gouge, which mean that its curved fore and aft, like a soup spoon with razor-sharp edges.

it is a great tool for lifting native orchids [if they have enough substrait] from one live oak and transplant them on another tree--live oak or not--by gouging out living bark and gluing in the transplant.

At 06:21 PM 12/18/02 -0800, you wrote:
I'll bite!  What's a gouge?

DF