Re: Deer

It was Winston Churchill who said "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after first having exhausted all other alternatives."
Cathy

On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 03:47 AM, jim singer wrote:

now, now, marge. this is america, for heavens' sake! when have we ever fixed anything before the wheels fell off?

 IMO land use is part of gardening as we are 'using'
land when we garden.  The sad fact, to me, is that now we KNOW what
impact human use can have on our planet and we (meaning humans in
general) still go right ahead doing stuff exactly the same as before
this knowledge was widespread; greed being the operative word, while
our planet goes to hell in a handbasket.  One of these days (if we
don't manage to blow up the planet first) our era is going to go down
in history with black marks for having known but not having acted on
that knowledge.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade